- Rubix is the ultimate fusion of entertainment, immersing festival-goers in a creative world
- Music, art, cinema and technology all form part of the Rubix Festival programme
- A diverse variety of performances, masterclasses, workshops and exhibitions offer a chance to reset and reconnect, as well as endless possibilities for creative fulfilment
- Tickets are available to purchase here: www.rubixfestival.me
Porto Montenegro, 11th March 2023: In July 2023, Porto Montenegro will host the first ever Rubix Festival. It will feature an unmissable programme of creative experiences and artistic performances, set against the stunning, waterfront backdrop of the vibrant, nautical village and state-of-the-art superyacht marina. Rubix is the latest festival from Fešta, Montenegro’s dynamic and innovative music events production organisation.
From classical and orchestral music to electronic and experimental sounds, the festival will provide attendees with a diverse spectrum of experiences. DJ Damian Lazarus, Morcheeba, John Malkovich, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, Chris Young, and Francesco Tristano are among the artists in Rubix’s stellar music line-up. A range of foodie experiences from wine tasting to chef’s tables will be on offer; workshops and masterclasses will span pottery, 3D printing, body painting, ecology and more; plus street art, sculpture and audiovisual artworks will be among the innovative collections exhibited at Rubix. Exhibitions will feature works from artists including: Danilo Baletić, Regis Original, Rikardo Druškić, Hana Dujmović, Piros, FVU and Cosmodernism.
Located in the UNESCO-protected and picturesque Bay of Kotor, Porto Montenegro is already known as a hub of year-round culture, events, concerts and festivals. Rubix, is a window into the next phase of activity and creative vision within the marina village, and is the perfect occasion to bring together those who know and love the destination, as well as attracting newcomers, to experience the festival.
Creative fulfilment and self-reconnection are at the heart of Rubix Festival, and its location – the world-renowned Porto Montenegro – provides a hub of imagination, inspiration, exploration and relaxation. The first ever Rubix, is set to take place just a few months before the launch of Synchro, a new neighbourhood in the luxury lifestyle destination, within a beach setting and situated in close proximity to the Porto Montenegro Yacht Club. With the final works now underway, Synchro will offer a five-star hotel, spa and private residences, plus a major events and entertainment centre. A wide-ranging lifestyle and leisure programme presents a neighbourhood of cultural vibrancy and creative fulfilment. Synchro will also offer a collection of rhythmic spaces that focus on fuelling self-enrichment and nourishing the soul, which is at the heart of Porto Montenegro.
With its exquisite views of Boka Bay, the housing of the festival arena within the marina village offers a unique setting. The biggest performers will be found on the main ‘Synchro Stage’, with various other key zones surrounding it, including: an exhibition space, workshop areas, a chill zone, and a technology corner and observation tower.
Whether looking to reconnect with an old passion, improve on existing artistic endeavours, or to try something new, Rubix offers everyone the chance to expand creatively, and discover new possibilities. Festival-goers can witness the creation of art through immersive performances; enjoy the diverse, global, music spectrum through live artists; engage in the process of learning and creativity through hands-on workshops; indulge in exotic cuisine with feasting experiences; and collect unique, handmade keepsakes through the festival’s artisanal marketplace. The festival hopes to unlock the creative potential of every individual, by providing an inspiring space to connect, learn and grow.
Stay tuned for further announcements over the coming months in the lead up to the festival. To find out more visit: www.rubixfestival.me
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Rubix Festival will take place 28th
– 30th July 2023
- For more information, or to register interest, please visit: www.rubixfestival.me
- Tickets to Rubix Festival and can be purchased via www.rubixfestival.me/
- Instagram: @rubixfestival
- Artist info:
- DJ Damian Lazarus – Superstar DJ, Damian Lazarus, is one of the most respected exponents of the contemporary house and techno scene. He is a true storyteller with visionary abilities, who has played some of the world’s biggest clubbing institutions and his performed from jungles, beaches, desert, mountains, and even amongst archaeological ruins. His influences span across show tunes, drum n bass, jazz, electro, soul, house, techno and everything in-between.
- The Infernal Comedy Starring John Malkovich: John Malkovich is one of the most important and charismatic actors in cinema today. He has appeared in over 65 films – many of them classics – and has also been a director for several years. His exclusive performance at Rubix will involve a thoroughly innovative form of musical theatre, comprising opera singers and a baroque orchestra on stage for a full-length monologue
- Morcheeba Band: Morcheeba’s global reach takes them to every corner of the world. Their signature chilled electronic / organic sound has been border-hopping ever since the London-based band emerged. Alongside Morcheeba’s most popular classics that shaped the band’s identity, their performance at Rubix will include loved tracks from their most recent and 10th studio album, Blackest Blue, which delves into the soul of the band’s genre-mashing musical heritage
- Francesco Tristano: Luxembourg-born pianist Francesco Tristano tours the world performing baroque and contemporary repertoire; records dance tracks for electronic music labels, whilst continuing with his ambitious project of recording all of Johann Sebastian Bach’s piano repertoire. At Rubix, he will delight the crowds with his brilliant fusing of genres, and unparalleled technique.
- For further information on Porto Montenegro, please visit: www.portomontenegro.com
- For further information on Fešta, please visit: https://festa.live/
ABOUT ADRIATIC MARINAS & PORTO MONTENEGRO:
Adriatic Marinas is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Investment Corporation of Dubai and is a specialist developer and operator of waterfront and specialist yachting destinations.
Porto Montenegro is the Mediterranean’s leading luxury yacht homeport and marina village. The state-of-the-art facility has been designed to cater to the advanced needs of all yachts, their owners, guests and crew with specific infrastructure for the largest yachts afloat. The marina currently has 450 berths, more than 320 sold-out luxury apartments, as well as 70 units of ground floor retail made up of restaurants, bars, cafes, shops and amenities and a five-star Regent Porto Montenegro Hotel with over 120 luxury suites and apartments. Constantly expanding, Porto Montenegro’s newest urban neighbourhood, Boka Place is set to launch in 2023 with the introduction of 213 managed and private residences alongside SIRO, an immersive lifestyle experience from Kerzner International (Atlantis Resorts and Residences and One&Only Resorts).
Fešta is a dynamic and innovative organization which specializes in producing and documenting exceptional music events in Montenegro. Fešta’s events take place in distinctive, non-affirmed, and historic locations, showcasing the natural beauty and cultural significance of the area. Fešta’s commitment to music and the cultural heritage of Montenegro makes it a vital part of the artistic and cultural landscape of the region. It’s unique events and videos capture the essence of the localities they feature and provide a glimpse into the rich and diverse history and culture of Montenegro.